Scientist named a killer shrimp after Pink Floyd their favourite band. The shrimp Synalpheus pinkfloydi clicks one bright pink claw and makes a 4400ºC bubble (hotter than the surface of Betelgeuse) that collapses creating a 210 Decibel sound wave.
What this tells us:-
- Scientific names that try to look like Latin just don’t work and should be discontinued immediately.
- Betelgeuse is a crap sun and if you’re going on holiday nearby you can skip packing sun-screen (which will help if you’re only taking hand luggage.) Betelgeuse rises – holiday video……
- Scientists are weird, if I was naming a killer shrimp I’d name it after a band I hated.
- Shrimps can be louder than whales (188Decibel) – who knew?
- One huge pink claw looks strangely arresting……
- We need a video of this – to corroborate, natch, not just for vicarious animal thrills.